[Received this opportunity today... thought I'd pass it along.]
The Craft & Business of Cinematic Storytelling
A Day-long Seminar for Screenwriters and Producers
Location: Gordon College ~ 225 Grapevine Road, Wenham, MA
Date/time: 31st May, 2010, 9am - 5pm
Cost of admission*: $125/$100 with valid student ID
Optional lunch $15
*Attendees may pay an extra $25 for a 15 minute personal consultation to pitch an idea, ask for advice, etc.
Topics to be covered:
- Elements of great screen stories & why the world needs them
- Creating rich, intriguing, compelling characters
- Crafting haunting screen moments
- Introduce characters to the audience
- Endings that send satisfy & delight viewers
- The current commercial landscape in Hollywood
- Getting started as a Screenwriter or Producer
- Ethics & societal meaning of the movies
Send email to email@example.com with questions or to request an invitation.
SPACE IS LIMITED TO 30 PARTICIPANTS! Register soon!
About the Instructors:
Barbara Nicolosi is a screenwriter and the founding director of the acclaimed Act One program in Hollywood. She is also an Adjunct Professor of Cinema at Pepperdine University and lectures internationally on cinema and screenwriting. She is the co-writer of the 2011 Lionsgate/MGM release Mary, Mother of Christ. Visit Barbara's blog: http://churchofthemasses.blogspot.com/
Charles Carner works in Hollywood as a writer, director and producer for both film and television. He has written over 50 screenplays and directed 12 of his projects for some of Hollywood's top companies, including the Lionsgate 2008 release Witless Protection. More about Charlie from imdb.com: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0138706/