The Monadnock International Film Festival (MONIFF) seeks a new Executive Director to lead and oversee the festival in its fourth year and beyond. MONIFF brings world-class film and filmmakers to New England’s beautiful Monadnock region, combining the area’s twin traditions of great art and social awareness. MONIFF focuses on films that inspire and reinforce the beauty and power of film, seeking out international, national, and New Hampshire-made films to feature at the festival. Learn more about MONIFF at http://www.moniff.org.
The Executive Director will bring a proven record of leading and managing people and teams with varying interests and backgrounds, a passion for independent film, and a clear understanding of budgeting and financial management. S/he will organize and lead committees of volunteers and contract personnel to manage MONIFF, with a focus on audience development, artistic excellence, and community engagement.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors, working closely with the Board Chair, and will be responsible for an annual report detailing progress towards goals and benchmarks.
Salary based on experience. This is a non-benefitted position with seasonally flexible hours.
Specific responsibilities and expectations include the following:
- Oversee all aspects of the film festival and related programming including fundraising, operations, programming and marketing.
- Ensure sound financial planning, budget preparation, and fiscal management in collaboration with the Board and Finance Committee.
- Demonstrate ability to work transparently, efficiently and responsively with a governing board. Foster positive, productive relationships and teamwork among board members, volunteers, vendors and sponsors.
- Participation and reporting at regular board meetings and executive committee meetings.
- Coordinate with the selection committee all film festival programming.
- Responsibility for overall fundraising strategy and tactics.
- Meet with sponsors, foundations and individual donors.
- Lead volunteer/board development committee and cultivate long term sponsor relationships.
- Manage grant strategy and generate proposals.
Business Development and Public Relations
- Set and achieve audience development goals by reaching people through various media and collaboration with other organizations and community groups.
- Create revenue generating partnerships with for-profit and non-profit organizations.
- Ensure the highest level of artistic content and presentation at the film festival and other events.
- Represent the public face of the organization in the local community and in the media.
MONIFF seeks candidates with the following:
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated leadership and management capability
- Demonstrated fundraising experience and success
- Experience in growing an organization in membership and strength
- Strong collaboration and innovation skills
- Strong work ethic, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with arts organizations and/or film industry experience a plus
SEND RESUME, COVER LETTER AND ANY INQUIRIES TO: email@example.com. The position is open immediately and applications will be reviewed beginning July 3, 2015.